Yonsei University has hosted visiting and exchange students from leading law schools from around the world. YLS offers students over 20 law-related courses in English in a diverse range of subjects. Additional classes can be found at other colleges and departments campus-wide such as the Graduate School of International Studies. Students usually come in their second or third year for one semester and take 3~5 courses (9~15 credits; max. 12 credits for visiting students) while using Seoul as a convenient base to explore China and Japan and the rest of Asia. For visiting students, tuition, housing and other expenses remain at internationally competitive rates.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Requirements for Program Application
GPA Requirement for Application
- A. CGPA must be over 3.0 on a 4.0 (CGPA 3.3 on a 4.3)
- B. In a letter grade system: B or above
English Language Requirement
- A. TOEFL score must be a minimum of 86 in IBT
- B. IELTS score must be 6 or above.
- * Note: English native speakers / English degree program students are exempted from submitting the official score certificate as a part of Application material.
Semester Fulfillment Requirement
This program is open to 4-year college or university students who are currently studying at their home universities as full-time students, and have finished 2 semesters at law school or 6 semesters as an undergraduate majoring in law, when they visit Yonsei.
For transfer students, a minimum of one semester’s results form the Transfer university must appear on the official transcripts.
- 1. Contact international programs office at your home university.
- 2. Find out whether or not Yonsei is an approved institution for studying abroad at your home university.
- 3. Your home university will nominate and notify the students to Yonsei. Once nominated, each student's account will be created and Application Instruction will be sent to your home university.
- 4. Complete online application according to the instruction.
- 5. Confirmation of admissions will be notified to you within June or December.
- Please note,
- A. You must wait for Yonsei University to confirm your admission so do not book your flight in advance. Yonsei University is not responsible for any loss or penalties arising from change in flight schedules.
- B. If you want to take KLI(Korean Language Courses) morning courses, please be sure to submit KLI's regular program online application. (https://www.yskli.com/_en/default.asp)
- C. Maximum number of students in each KLI morning course is limited to 50 students, first-come first-served, based on the order of receiving the hard copy of your Yonsei program application package.
- D. If you choose to take KLI morning courses, you are not allowed to take the tailored afternoon KLI courses.
- 6. Upload your health insurance plan on our application system within the insurance submission deadline.
Please be advised that the required application materials must be submitted through online no later than the deadline. The required materials are as follows:
- 1. Current Official Academic Transcript from Home Institution
- 2. Photocopy of ID Page of Passport (preferably in color)
- 3. Official Proof of Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- * Applicants who are undertaking their degree programs in English are exempted.
- 4. Study Plan
- * Georgetown students should complete and send the YLS Enrollment Application Form instead of online application, plus Study Plan (Statement of Purpose) (A4 / Letter size, minimum 250 words) to the address below.
- Office of Admissions
- Suite 206 Building 308
- Yonsei University Law School
- 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, 03722, Republic of Korea
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (82-2) 2123-3802
- Fax: (82-2) 2123-8644
- ** Officially certified original copies will be accepted only; no other form such as a print-out or a screen-shot image can be accepted in any use. Please be reminded that incomplete applications without required documents cannot be considered for admission even for pre-nominated exchange students.
- 1. Spring Semester Admission : October 30
- 2. Fall Semester Admission: April 30
- * Note: The required materials must be received by Yonsei University no later than the last business day of the above-stated month.
How to search English Courses through the Yonsei Portal System
- 1. Go to the Yonsei Portal site at http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp. Choose English version by clicking ‘English’ button at right upper side.
- 2. Click ‘Course Catalogue and Syllabus’ under ‘The Main Portal Service’ menu.
- 3. When the course catalogue window pops up, you have to choose Undergraduate Programs> Study Abroad Course at Major section and click the search button. Then, you can find Yonsei University Exchange program course offerings.
- * Note: Course offerings for an upcoming semester will be available after middle of May for Fall semester, middle of November for Spring semester.
- * Note: ② in the reference column means the course is offered in English.
- * Note: Since there is a limit to the number of students who can be enrolled in all courses offered at Yonsei University, students should also consider preparing a list of alternative courses in case some classes reach capacity or are cancelled.